- And it cometh to pass, in the four hundred and eightieth year of the going out of the sons of Israel from the land of Egypt, in the fourth year — in the month of Zif, it [is] the second month — of the reigning of Solomon over Israel, that he buildeth the house for Jehovah.
- As to the house that king Solomon hath built for Jehovah, sixty cubits [is] its length, and twenty its breadth, and thirty cubits its height.
- As to the porch on the front of the temple of the house, twenty cubits [is] its length on the front of the breadth of the house;
ten by the cubit [is] its breadth on the front of the house;
- and he maketh for the house windows of narrow lights.
- And he buildeth against the wall of the house a couch round about, [even] the walls of the house round about, of the temple and of the oracle, and maketh sides round about.
- The lowest couch, five by the cubit [is] its breadth;
and the middle, six by the cubit [is] its breadth;
and the third, seven by the cubit [is] its breadth, for withdrawings he hath put to the house round about, without — not to lay hold on the walls of the house.
- And the house, in its being built, of perfect stone brought [thither] hath been built, and hammer, and the axe — any instrument of iron — was not heard in the house, in its being built.
- The opening of the middle side [is] at the right shoulder of the house, and with windings they go up on the middle one, and from the middle one unto the third.
- And he buildeth the house, and completeth it, and covereth the house [with] beams and rows of cedars.
- And he buildeth the couch against all the house, five cubits [is] its height, and it taketh hold of the house by cedar-wood.
- And the word of Jehovah is unto Solomon, saying,
- `This house that thou art building — if thou dost walk in My statutes, and My judgments dost do, yea, hast done all My commands, to walk in them, then I have established My word with thee, which I spake unto David thy father,
- and have tabernacled in the midst of the sons of Israel, and do not forsake My people Israel.'
- And Solomon buildeth the house and completeth it;
- and he buildeth the walls of the house within with beams of cedar, from the floor of the house unto the walls of the ceiling;
he hath overlaid with wood the inside, and covereth the floor of the house with ribs of fir.
- And he buildeth the twenty cubits on the sides of the house with ribs of cedar, from the floor unto the walls;
and he buildeth for it within, for the oracle, for the holy of holies.
- And forty by the cubit was the house, it [is] the temple before [it].
- And the cedar for the house within [is] carvings of knobs and openings of flowers;
the whole [is] cedar, there is not a stone seen.
- And the oracle in the midst of the house within he hath prepared, to put there the ark of the covenant of Jehovah.
- And before the oracle [is] twenty cubits in length, and twenty cubits in breadth, and twenty cubits [is] its height;
and he overlayeth it with gold refined, and overlayeth the altar with cedar.
- And Solomon overlayeth the house within with gold refined, and causeth [it] to pass over in chains of gold before the oracle, and overlayeth it with gold.
- And the whole of the house he hath overlaid with gold, till the completion of all the house;
and the whole of the altar that the oracle hath, he hath overlaid with gold.
- And he maketh within the oracle two cherubs, of the oil-tree, ten cubits [is] their height;
- and five cubits [is] the one wing of the cherub, and five cubits the second wing of the cherub, ten cubits from the ends of its wings even unto the ends of its wings;
- and ten by the cubit [is] the second cherub, one measure and one form [are] to the two cherubs,
- the height of the one cherub [is] ten by the cubit, and so [is] the second cherub;
- and he setteth the cherubs in the midst of the inner house, and they spread out the wings of the cherubs, and a wing of the one cometh against the wall, and a wing of the second cherub is coming against the second wall, and their wings [are] unto the midst of the house, coming wing against wing;
- and he overlayeth the cherubs with gold,
- and all the walls of the house round about he hath carved with openings of carvings, cherubs, and palm trees, and openings of flowers, within and without.
- And the floor of the house he hath overlaid with gold, within and without;
- as to the opening of the oracle, he made doors of the oil-tree;
the lintel, side-posts, a fifth.
- And the two doors [are] of the oil-tree, and he hath carved upon them carvings of cherubs, and palm-trees, and openings of flowers, and overlaid with gold, and he causeth the gold to go down on the cherubs and on the palm-trees.
- And so he hath made for the opening of the temple, side-posts of the oil-tree, from the fourth.
- And the two doors [are] of fir-tree, the two sides of the one door are revolving, and the two hangings of the second door are revolving.
- And he hath carved cherubs, and palms, and openings of flowers, and overlaid with straightened gold the graved work.
- And he buildeth the inner court, three rows of hewn work, and a row of beams of cedar.
- In the fourth year hath the house of Jehovah been founded, in the month Zif,
- and in the eleventh year, in the month Bul — [that is] the eighth month — hath the house been finished in all its matters, and in all its ordinances, and he buildeth it seven years.