- This third time do I come unto you;
on the mouth of two witnesses or three shall every saying be established;
- I have said before, and I say [it] before, as being present, the second time, and being absent, now, do I write to those having sinned before, and to all the rest, that if I come again, I will not spare,
- since a proof ye seek of the Christ speaking in me, who to you is not infirm, but is powerful in you,
- for even if he was crucified from infirmity, yet he doth live from the power of God;
for we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him from the power of God toward you.
- Your ownselves try ye, if ye are in the faith;
your ownselves prove ye;
do ye not know your ownselves, that Jesus Christ is in you, if ye be not in some respect disapproved of?
- and I hope that ye shall know that we — we are not disapproved of;
- and I pray before God that ye do no evil, not that we may appear approved, but that ye may do that which is right, and we may be as disapproved;
- for we are not able to do anything against the truth, but for the truth;
- for we rejoice when we may be infirm, and ye may be powerful;
and this also we pray for — your perfection!
- because of this, these things — being absent — I write, that being present, I may not treat [any] sharply, according to the authority that the Lord did give me for building up, and not for casting down.
- Henceforth, brethren, rejoice;
be made perfect, be comforted, be of the same mind, be at peace, and the God of the love and peace shall be with you;
- salute one another in an holy kiss;
- salute you do all the saints;
- the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, [is] with you all! Amen.