- The Elder to the choice Kyria, and to her children, whom I love in truth, and not I only, but also all those having known the truth,
- because of the truth that is remaining in us, and with us shall be to the age,
- there shall be with you grace, kindness, peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
- I rejoiced exceedingly that I have found of thy children walking in truth, even as a command we did receive from the Father;
- and now I beseech thee, Kyria, not as writing to thee a new command, but which we had from the beginning, that we may love one another,
- and this is the love, that we may walk according to His commands;
this is the command, even as ye did hear from the beginning, that in it ye may walk,
- because many leading astray did enter into the world, who are not confessing Jesus Christ coming in flesh;
this one is he who is leading astray, and the antichrist.
- See to yourselves that ye may not lose the things that we wrought, but a full reward may receive;
- every one who is transgressing, and is not remaining in the teaching of the Christ, hath not God;
he who is remaining in the teaching of the Christ, this one hath both the Father and the Son;
- if any one doth come unto you, and this teaching doth not bear, receive him not into the house, and say not to him, `Hail!'
- for he who is saying to him, `Hail,' hath fellowship with his evil works.
- Many things having to write to you, I did not intend through paper and ink, but I hope to come unto you, and speak mouth to mouth, that our joy may be full;
- salute thee do the children of thy choice sister.