- I do fully testify, then, before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who is about to judge living and dead at his manifestation and his reign —
- preach the word;
be earnest in season, out of season, convict, rebuke, exhort, in all long-suffering and teaching,
- for there shall be a season when the sound teaching they will not suffer, but according to their own desires to themselves they shall heap up teachers — itching in the hearing,
- and indeed, from the truth the hearing they shall turn away, and to the fables they shall be turned aside.
- And thou — watch in all things;
do the work of one proclaiming good news;
of thy ministration make full assurance,
- for I am already being poured out, and the time of my release hath arrived;
- the good strife I have striven, the course I have finished, the faith I have kept,
- henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of the righteousness that the Lord — the Righteous Judge — shall give to me in that day, and not only to me, but also to all those loving his manifestation.
- Be diligent to come unto me quickly,
- for Demas forsook me, having loved the present age, and went on to Thessalonica, Crescens to Galatia, Titus to Dalmatia,
- Lukas only is with me;
Markus having taken, bring with thyself, for he is profitable to me for ministration;
- and Tychicus I sent to Ephesus;
- the cloak that I left in Troas with Carpus, coming, bring thou and the books — especially the parchments.
- Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil;
may the Lord repay to him according to his works,
- of whom also do thou beware, for greatly hath he stood against our words;
- in my first defence no one stood with me, but all forsook me, (may it not be reckoned to them!)
- and the Lord stood by me, and did strengthen me, that through me the preaching might be fully assured, and all the nations might hear, and I was freed out of the mouth of a lion,
- and the Lord shall free me from every evil work, and shall save [me] — to his heavenly kingdom;
to whom [is] the glory to the ages of the ages! Amen.
- Salute Prisca and Aquilas, and Onesiphorus' household;
- Erastus did remain in Corinth, and Trophimus I left in Miletus infirm;
- be diligent to come before winter.
Salute thee doth Eubulus, and Pudens, and Linus, and Claudia, and all the brethren.
- The Lord Jesus Christ [is] with thy spirit;
the grace [is] with you! Amen.