- And this [is] the blessing [with] which Moses the man of God blessed the sons of Israel before his death,
- and he saith: — `Jehovah from Sinai hath come, And hath risen from Seir for them;
He hath shone from mount Paran, And hath come [with] myriads of holy ones;
At His right hand [are] springs for them.
- Also He [is] loving the peoples;
All His holy ones [are] in thy hand, And they — they sat down at thy foot, [Each] He lifteth up at thy words.
- A law hath Moses commanded us, A possession of the assembly of Jacob.
- And he is in Jeshurun king, In the heads of the people gathering together, The tribes of Israel!
- Let Reuben live, and not die, And let his men be a number.
- And this [is] for Judah;
and he saith: — Hear, O Jehovah, the voice of Judah, And unto his people do Thou bring him in;
His hand hath striven for him, And an help from his adversaries art Thou.
- And of Levi he said: — Thy Thummim and thy Urim [are] for thy pious one, Whom Thou hast tried in Massah, Thou dost strive with Him at the waters of Meribah;
- Who is saying of his father and his mother, I have not seen him;
And his brethren he hath not discerned, And his sons he hath not known;
For they have observed Thy saying, And Thy covenant they keep.
- They teach Thy judgments to Jacob, And Thy law to Israel;
They put perfume in Thy nose, And whole burnt-offering on Thine altar.
- Bless, O Jehovah, his strength, And the work of his hands Thou acceptest, Smite the loins of his withstanders, And of those hating him — that they rise not!
- Of Benjamin he said: — The beloved of Jehovah doth tabernacle confidently by him, Covering him over all the day;
Yea, between his shoulders He doth tabernacle.
- And of Joseph he said: — Blessed of Jehovah [is] his land, By precious things of the heavens, By dew, and by the deep crouching beneath,
- And by precious things — fruits of the sun, And by precious things — cast forth by the moons,
- And by chief things — of the ancient mountains, And by precious things — of the age-during heights,
- And by precious things — of earth and its fulness, And the good pleasure Of Him who is dwelling in the bush, — Let it come for the head of Joseph, And for the crown of him Who is separate from his brethren.
- His honour [is] a firstling of his ox, And his horns [are] horns of a reem;
By them peoples he doth push together To the ends of earth;
And they [are] the myriads of Ephraim, And they [are] the thousands of Manasseh.
- And of Zebulun he said: — Rejoice, O Zebulun, in thy going out, And, O Issachar, in thy tents;
- Peoples [to] the mountain they call, There they sacrifice righteous sacrifices;
For the abundance of the seas they suck, And hidden things hidden in the sand.
- And of Gad he said: — Blessed of the Enlarger [is] Gad, As a lioness he doth tabernacle, And hath torn the arm — also the crown!
- And he provideth the first part for himself, For there the portion of the lawgiver is covered, And he cometh [with] the heads of the people;
The righteousness of Jehovah he hath done, And His judgments with Israel.
- And of Dan he said: — Dan [is] a lion's whelp;
he doth leap from Bashan.
- And of Naphtali he said: — O Naphtali, satisfied with pleasure, And full of the blessing of Jehovah, West and south possess thou.
- And of Asher he said: — Blessed with sons [is] Asher, Let him be accepted by his brethren, And dipping in oil his foot.
- Iron and brass [are] thy shoes, And as thy days — thy strength.
- There is none like the God of Jeshurun, Riding the heavens in thy help, And in His excellency the skies.
- A habitation [is] the eternal God, And beneath [are] arms age-during.
And He casteth out from thy presence the enemy, and saith, `Destroy!'
- And Israel doth tabernacle [in] confidence alone;
The eye of Jacob [is] unto a land of corn and wine;
Also His heavens drop down dew.
- O thy happiness, O Israel! who is like thee? A people saved by Jehovah, The shield of thy help, And He who [is] the sword of thine excellency: And thine enemies are subdued for thee, And thou on their high places dost tread.'