- And these [are] births of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth;
and born to them are sons after the deluge.
- `Sons of Japheth [are] Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras.
- And sons of Gomer [are] Ashkenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah.
- And sons of Javan [are] Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim.
- By these have the isles of the nations been parted in their lands, each by his tongue, by their families, in their nations.
- And sons of Ham [are] Cush, and Mitzraim, and Phut, and Canaan.
- And sons of Cush [are] Seba, and Havilah, and Sabtah, and Raamah, and Sabtechah;
and sons of Raamah [are] Sheba and Dedan.
- And Cush hath begotten Nimrod;
- he hath begun to be a hero in the land;
he hath been a hero in hunting before Jehovah;
therefore it is said, `As Nimrod the hero [in] hunting before Jehovah.'
- And the first part of his kingdom is Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar;
- from that land he hath gone out to Asshur, and buildeth Nineveh, even the broad places of the city, and Calah,
- and Resen, between Nineveh and Calah;
it [is] the great city.
- And Mitzraim hath begotten the Ludim, and the Anamim, and the Lehabim, and the Naphtuhim,
- and the Pathrusim, and the Casluhim, (whence have come out Philistim,) and the Caphtorim.
- And Canaan hath begotten Sidon his first-born, and Heth,
- and the Jebusite, and the Amorite, and the Girgashite,
- and the Hivite, and the Arkite, and the Sinite,
- and the Arvadite, and the Zemarite, and the Hamathite;
and afterwards have the families of the Canaanite been scattered.
- And the border of the Canaanite is from Sidon, [in] thy coming towards Gerar, unto Gaza;
[in] thy coming towards Sodom, and Gomorrah, and Admah, and Zeboim, unto Lasha.
- These [are] sons of Ham, by their families, by their tongues, in their lands, in their nations.
- As to Shem, father of all sons of Eber, brother of Japheth the elder, he hath also begotten:
- Sons of Shem [are] Elam, and Asshur, and Arphaxad, and Lud, and Aram.
- And sons of Aram [are] Uz, and Hul, and Gether, and Mash.
- And Arphaxad hath begotten Salah, and Salah hath begotten Eber.
- And to Eber have two sons been born;
the name of the one [is] Peleg (for in his days hath the earth been divided,) and his brother's name [is] Joktan.
- And Joktan hath begotten Almodad, and Sheleph, and Hazarmaveth, and Jerah,
- and Hadoram, and Uzal, and Diklah,
- and Obal, and Abimael, and Sheba,
- and Ophir, and Havilah, and Jobab;
all these [are] sons of Joktan;
- and their dwelling is from Mesha, [in] thy coming towards Sephar, a mount of the east.
- These [are] sons of Shem, by their families, by their tongues, in their lands, by their nations.
- These [are] families of the sons of Noah, by their births, in their nations, and by these have the nations been parted in the earth after the deluge.