- And it cometh to pass that mankind have begun to multiply on the face of the ground, and daughters have been born to them,
- and sons of God see the daughters of men that they [are] fair, and they take to themselves women of all whom they have chosen.
- And Jehovah saith, `My Spirit doth not strive in man — to the age;
in their erring they [are] flesh:' and his days have been an hundred and twenty years.
- The fallen ones were in the earth in those days, and even afterwards when sons of God come in unto daughters of men, and they have borne to them — they [are] the heroes, who, from of old, [are] the men of name.
- And Jehovah seeth that abundant [is] the wickedness of man in the earth, and every imagination of the thoughts of his heart only evil all the day;
- and Jehovah repenteth that He hath made man in the earth, and He grieveth Himself — unto His heart.
- And Jehovah saith, `I wipe away man whom I have prepared from off the face of the ground, from man unto beast, unto creeping thing, and unto fowl of the heavens, for I have repented that I have made them.'
- And Noah found grace in the eyes of Jehovah.
- These [are] births of Noah: Noah [is] a righteous man;
perfect he hath been among his generations;
with God hath Noah walked habitually.
- And Noah begetteth three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
- And the earth is corrupt before God, and the earth is filled [with] violence.
- And God seeth the earth, and lo, it hath been corrupted, for all flesh hath corrupted its way on the earth.
- And God said to Noah, `An end of all flesh hath come before Me, for the earth hath been full of violence from their presence;
and lo, I am destroying them with the earth.
- `Make for thyself an ark of gopher-wood;
rooms dost thou make with the ark, and thou hast covered it within and without with cypress;
- and this [is] that which thou dost with it: three hundred cubits [is] the length of the ark, fifty cubits its breadth, and thirty cubits its height;
- a window dost thou make for the ark, and unto a cubit thou dost restrain it from above;
and the opening of the ark thou dost put in its side, — lower, second, and third [stories] dost thou make it.
- `And I, lo, I am bringing in the deluge of waters on the earth to destroy all flesh, in which [is] a living spirit, from under the heavens;
all that [is] in the earth doth expire.
- `And I have established My covenant with thee, and thou hast come in unto the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy son's wives with thee;
- and of all that liveth, of all flesh, two of every [sort] thou dost bring in unto the ark, to keep alive with thee;
male and female are they.
- Of the fowl after its kind, and of the cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the ground after its kind, two of every [sort] they come in unto thee, to keep alive.
- `And thou, take to thyself of all food that is eaten;
and thou hast gathered unto thyself, and it hath been to thee and to them for food.'
- And Noah doth according to all that God hath commanded him;
so hath he done.