- And God remembereth Noah, and every living thing, and all the cattle which [are] with him in the ark, and God causeth a wind to pass over the earth, and the waters subside,
- and closed are the fountains of the deep and the net-work of the heavens, and restrained is the shower from the heavens.
- And turn back do the waters from off the earth, going on and returning;
and the waters are lacking at the end of a hundred and fifty days.
- And the ark resteth, in the seventh month, in the seventeenth day of the month, on mountains of Ararat;
- and the waters have been going and becoming lacking till the tenth month;
in the tenth [month], on the first of the month, appeared the heads of the mountains.
- And it cometh to pass, at the end of forty days, that Noah openeth the window of the ark which he made,
- and he sendeth forth the raven, and it goeth out, going out and turning back till the drying of the waters from off the earth.
- And he sendeth forth the dove from him to see whether the waters have been lightened from off the face of the ground,
- and the dove hath not found rest for the sole of her foot, and she turneth back unto him, unto the ark, for waters [are] on the face of all the earth, and he putteth out his hand, and taketh her, and bringeth her in unto him, unto the ark.
- And he stayeth yet other seven days, and addeth to send forth the dove from the ark;
- and the dove cometh in unto him at even-time, and lo, an olive leaf torn off in her mouth;
and Noah knoweth that the waters have been lightened from off the earth.
- And he stayeth yet other seven days, and sendeth forth the dove, and it added not to turn back unto him any more.
- And it cometh to pass in the six hundredth and first year, in the first [month], in the first of the month, the waters have been dried from off the earth;
and Noah turneth aside the covering of the ark, and looketh, and lo, the face of the ground hath been dried.
- And in the second month, in the seven and twentieth day of the month, the earth hath become dry.
- And God speaketh unto Noah, saying, `Go out from the ark, thou, and thy wife, and thy sons, and thy sons' wives with thee;
- every living thing that [is] with thee, of all flesh, among fowl, and among cattle, and among every creeping thing which is creeping on the earth, bring out with thee;
- and they have teemed in the earth, and been fruitful, and have multiplied on the earth.'
- And Noah goeth out, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him;
- every beast, every creeping thing, and every fowl;
every creeping thing on the earth, after their families, have gone out from the ark.
- And Noah buildeth an altar to Jehovah, and taketh of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and causeth burnt-offerings to ascend on the altar;
- and Jehovah smelleth the sweet fragrance, and Jehovah saith unto His heart, `I continue not to disesteem any more the ground because of man, though the imagination of the heart of man [is] evil from his youth;
and I continue not to smite any more all living, as I have done;
- during all days of the earth, seed-time and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night, do not cease.'