- And Jehovah speaketh unto Moses, saying,
- `Speak unto the sons of Israel, saying, A woman when she giveth seed, and hath born a male, then she hath been unclean seven days, according to the days of separation for her sickness she is unclean;
- and in the eighth day is the flesh of his foreskin circumcised;
- and thirty and three days she doth abide in the blood of her cleansing;
against any holy thing she doth not come, and unto the sanctuary she doth not go in, till the fulness of the days of her cleansing.
- `And if a female she bear, then she hath been unclean two weeks, as in her separation;
and sixty and six days she doth abide for the blood of her cleansing.
- `And in the fulness of the days of her cleansing for son or for daughter she doth bring in a lamb, a son of a year, for a burnt-offering, and a young pigeon or a turtle-dove for a sin-offering, unto the opening of the tent of meeting, unto the priest;
- and he hath brought it near before Jehovah, and hath made atonement for her, and she hath been cleansed from the fountain of her blood;
this [is] the law of her who is bearing, in regard to a male or to a female.
- `And if her hand find not the sufficiency of a sheep, then she hath taken two turtle-doves, or two young pigeons, one for a burnt-offering, and one for a sin-offering, and the priest hath made atonement for her, and she hath been cleansed.'