- And Jehovah speaketh unto Moses, saying,
- `Speak unto Aaron, and unto his sons, and unto all the sons of Israel;
and thou hast said unto them, This [is] the thing which Jehovah hath commanded, saying,
- Any man of the house of Israel who slaughtereth ox, or lamb, or goat, in the camp, or who slaughtereth at the outside of the camp,
- and unto the opening of the tent of meeting hath not brought it in to bring near an offering to Jehovah before the tabernacle of Jehovah, blood is reckoned to that man — blood he hath shed — and that man hath been cut off from the midst of his people;
- so that the sons of Israel do bring in their sacrifices which they are sacrificing on the face of the field, yea, they have brought them in to Jehovah, unto the opening of the tent of meeting, unto the priest, and they have sacrificed sacrifices of peace-offerings to Jehovah with them.
- `And the priest hath sprinkled the blood upon the altar of Jehovah, at the opening of the tent of meeting, and hath made perfume with the fat for sweet fragrance to Jehovah;
- and they sacrifice not any more their sacrifices to goats after which they are going a-whoring;
a statute age-during is this to them, to their generations.
- `And unto them thou sayest: Any man of the house of Israel, or of the sojourners, who sojourneth in your midst, who causeth burnt-offering or sacrifice to ascend,
- and unto the opening of the tent of meeting doth not bring it in to make it to Jehovah — that man hath been cut off from his people.
- `And any man of the house of Israel, or of the sojourners, who is sojourning in your midst, who eateth any blood, I have even set My face against the person who is eating the blood, and have cut him off from the midst of his people;
- for the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you on the altar, to make atonement for your souls;
for it [is] the blood which maketh atonement for the soul.
- `Therefore I have said to the sons of Israel, No person among you doth eat blood, and the sojourner who is sojourning in your midst doth not eat blood;
- and any man of the sons of Israel, or of the sojourners, who is sojourning in your midst, who hunteth venison, beast or fowl, which is eaten — hath even poured out its blood, and hath covered it with dust;
- for [it is] the life of all flesh, its blood is for its life;
and I say to the sons of Israel, Blood of any flesh ye do not eat, for the life of all flesh is its blood;
any one eating it is cut off.
- `And any person who eateth a carcase or torn thing, among natives or among sojourners — hath both washed his garments, and hath bathed with water, and hath been unclean until the evening — then he hath been clean;
- and if he wash not, and his flesh bathe not — then he hath borne his iniquity.'