- And the sabbath having past, Mary the Magdalene, and Mary of James, and Salome, bought spices, that having come, they may anoint him,
- and early in the morning of the first of the sabbaths, they come unto the sepulchre, at the rising of the sun,
- and they said among themselves, `Who shall roll away for us the stone out of the door of the sepulchre?'
- And having looked, they see that the stone hath been rolled away — for it was very great,
- and having entered into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right hand, arrayed in a long white robe, and they were amazed.
- And he saith to them, `Be not amazed, ye seek Jesus the Nazarene, the crucified: he did rise — he is not here;
lo, the place where they laid him!
- and go, say to his disciples, and Peter, that he doth go before you to Galilee;
there ye shall see him, as he said to you.'
- And, having come forth quickly, they fled from the sepulchre, and trembling and amazement had seized them, and to no one said they anything, for they were afraid.
- And he, having risen in the morning of the first of the sabbaths, did appear first to Mary the Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven demons;
- she having gone, told those who had been with him, mourning and weeping;
- and they, having heard that he is alive, and was seen by her, did not believe.
- And after these things, to two of them, as they are going into a field, walking, he was manifested in another form,
- and they having gone, told to the rest;
not even them did they believe.
- Afterwards, as they are reclining (at meat), he was manifested to the eleven, and did reproach their unbelief and stiffness of heart, because they believed not those having seen him being raised;
- and he said to them, `Having gone to all the world, proclaim the good news to all the creation;
- he who hath believed, and hath been baptized, shall be saved;
and he who hath not believed, shall be condemned.
- `And signs shall accompany those believing these things;
in my name demons they shall cast out;
with new tongues they shall speak;
- serpents they shall take up;
and if any deadly thing they may drink, it shall not hurt them;
on the ailing they shall lay hands, and they shall be well.'
- The Lord, then, indeed, after speaking to them, was received up to the heaven, and sat on the right hand of God;
- and they, having gone forth, did preach everywhere, the Lord working with [them], and confirming the word, through the signs following.