- And Miriam speaketh — Aaron also — against Moses concerning the circumstance of the Cushite woman whom he had taken: for a Cushite woman he had taken;
- and they say, `Only by Moses hath Jehovah spoken? also by us hath he not spoken?' and Jehovah heareth.
- And the man Moses [is] very humble, more than any of the men who [are] on the face of the ground.
- And Jehovah saith suddenly unto Moses, and unto Aaron, and unto Miriam, `Come out ye three unto the tent of meeting;' and they three come out.
- And Jehovah cometh down in the pillar of the cloud, and standeth at the opening of the tent, and calleth Aaron and Miriam, and they come out both of them.
- And He saith, `Hear, I pray you, My words: If your prophet is of Jehovah — in an appearance unto him I make Myself known;
in a dream I speak with him;
- not so My servant Moses;
in all My house he [is] stedfast;
- mouth unto mouth I speak with him, and [by] an appearance, and not in riddles;
and the form of Jehovah he beholdeth attentively;
and wherefore have ye not been afraid to speak against My servant — against Moses?'
- And the anger of Jehovah burneth against them, and He goeth on,
- and the cloud hath turned aside from off the tent, and lo, Miriam [is] leprous as snow;
and Aaron turneth unto Miriam, and lo, leprous!
- And Aaron saith unto Moses, `O, my lord, I pray thee, lay not upon us sin [in] which we have been foolish, and [in] which we have sinned;
- let her not, I pray thee, be as [one] dead, when in his coming out from the womb of his mother — the half of his flesh is consumed.'
- And Moses crieth unto Jehovah, saying, `O God, I pray Thee, give, I pray Thee, healing to her.'
- And Jehovah saith unto Moses, `And her father had but spat in her face — is she not ashamed seven days? she is shut out seven days at the outside of the camp, and afterwards she is gathered.'
- And Miriam is shut out at the outside of the camp seven days, and the people hath not journeyed till Miriam is gathered;
- and afterwards have the people journeyed from Hazeroth, and they encamp in the wilderness of Paran.