- And Jehovah speaketh unto Moses, and unto Aaron, saying,
- `This [is] a statute of the law which Jehovah hath commanded, saying, Speak unto the sons of Israel, and they bring unto thee a red cow, a perfect one, in which there is no blemish, on which no yoke hath gone up;
- and ye have given it unto Eleazar the priest, and he hath brought it out unto the outside of the camp, and hath slaughtered it before him.
- `And Eleazar the priest hath taken of its blood with his finger, and hath sprinkled over-against the front of the tent of meeting of her blood seven times;
- and [one] hath burnt the cow before his eyes;
her skin, and her flesh, and her blood, besides her dung, he doth burn;
- and the priest hath taken cedar wood, and hyssop, and scarlet, and hath cast unto the midst of the burning of the cow;
- and the priest hath washed his garments, and hath bathed his flesh with water, and afterwards doth come in unto the camp, and the priest is unclean till the evening;
- and he who is burning it doth wash his garments with water, and hath bathed his flesh with water, and is unclean till the evening.
- `And a clean man hath gathered the ashes of the cow, and hath placed at the outside of the camp, in a clean place, and it hath become to the company of the sons of Israel a charge for waters of separation — it [is] a [cleansing];
- and he who is gathering the ashes of the heifer hath washed his garments, and is unclean till the evening;
and it hath been to the sons of Israel, and to the sojourner who is sojourning in their midst, for a statute age-during.
- `He who is coming against the dead body of any man — is unclean seven days;
- he doth cleanse himself for it on the third day, and on the seventh day he is clean;
and if he cleanse not himself on the third day, then on the seventh day he is not clean.
- Any one who is coming against the dead, against the body of man who dieth, and cleanseth not himself — the tabernacle of Jehovah he hath defiled, and that person hath been cut off from Israel, for water of separation is not sprinkled upon him;
he is unclean;
his uncleanness [is] still upon him.
- `This [is] the law, when a man dieth in a tent: every one who is coming in unto the tent, and all that [is] in the tent, is unclean seven days;
- and every open vessel which hath no covering of thread upon it is unclean.
- `And every one who cometh, on the face of the field, against the pierced of a sword, or against the dead, or against a bone of man, or against a grave, is unclean seven days;
- and they have taken for the unclean person of the ashes of the burning of the [cleansing], and he hath put upon it running water unto a vessel;
- and a clean person hath taken hyssop, and hath dipped [it] in water, and hath sprinkled on the tent, and on all the vessels, and on the persons who have been there, and on him who is coming against a bone, or against one pierced, or against the dead, or against a grave.
- `And the clean hath sprinkled [it] on the unclean on the third day, and on the seventh day, and hath cleansed him on the seventh day, and he hath washed his garments, and hath bathed with water, and hath been clean in the evening.
- `And the man who is unclean, and doth not cleanse himself, even that person hath been cut off from the midst of the assembly;
for the sanctuary of Jehovah he hath defiled;
water of separation is not sprinkled upon him;
he [is] unclean.
- `And it hath been to them for a statute age-during, that he who is sprinkling the water of separation doth wash his garments, and he who is coming against the water of separation is unclean till the evening,
- and all against which the unclean person cometh is unclean, and the person who is coming against [it] is unclean till the evening.'