- And Jehovah speaketh unto Moses, in the wilderness of Sinai, in the second year of their going out of the land of Egypt, in the first month, saying,
- `Also, the sons of Israel prepare the passover in its appointed season;
- in the fourteenth day of this month between the evenings ye prepare it in its appointed season;
according to all its statutes, and according to all its ordinances ye prepare it.'
- And Moses speaketh unto the sons of Israel to prepare the passover,
- and they prepare the passover in the first [month], on the fourteenth day of the month, between the evenings, in the wilderness of Sinai;
according to all that Jehovah hath commanded Moses, so have the sons of Israel done.
- And there are men who have been defiled by the body of a man, and they have not been able to prepare the passover on that day, and they come near before Moses, and before Aaron, on that day,
- and those men say unto him, `We are defiled by the body of a man;
why are we withheld so as not to bring near the offering of Jehovah in its appointed season, in the midst of the sons of Israel?'
- And Moses saith unto them, `Stand ye, and I hear what Jehovah hath commanded concerning you.'
- And Jehovah speaketh unto Moses, saying,
- `Speak unto the sons of Israel, saying, Though any man is unclean by a body or in a distant journey (of you or of your generations), yet he hath prepared a passover to Jehovah;
- in the second month, on the fourteenth day, between the evenings they prepare it;
with unleavened and bitter things they eat it;
- they do not leave of till morning;
and a bone they do not break in it: according to all the statute of the passover they prepare it.
- `And the man who is clean, and hath not been on a journey, and hath ceased to prepare the passover, even that person hath been cut off from his people;
because the offering of Jehovah he hath not brought near, in its appointed season, that man doth bear his sin.
- `And when a sojourner sojourneth with you, then he hath prepared a passover to Jehovah, according to the statute of the passover, and according to its ordinance, so he doth;
one statute is to you, even to a sojourner, and to a native of the land.'
- And in the day of the raising up of the tabernacle hath the cloud covered the tabernacle, even the tent of the testimony;
and in the evening there is on the tabernacle as an appearance of fire till morning;
- so it is continually;
the cloud covereth it, also the appearance of fire by night.
- And according to the going up of the cloud from off the tent and afterwards do the sons of Israel journey;
and in the place where the cloud doth tabernacle, there do the sons of Israel encamp;
- by the command of Jehovah the sons of Israel journey, and by the command of Jehovah they encamp;
all the days that the cloud doth tabernacle over the tabernacle they encamp.
- And in the cloud prolonging itself over the tabernacle many days, then have the sons of Israel kept the charge of Jehovah, and journey not,
- and so when the cloud is a number of days over the tabernacle;
by the command of Jehovah they encamp, and by the command of Jehovah they journey.
- And so when the cloud is from evening till morning, when the cloud hath gone up in the morning, then they have journeyed;
whether by day or by night, when the cloud hath gone up, then they have journeyed.
- Whether two days, or a month, or days, in the cloud prolonging itself over the tabernacle, to tabernacle over it, the sons of Israel encamp, and journey not;
and in its being lifted up they journey;
- by the command of Jehovah they encamp, and by the command of Jehovah they journey;
the charge of Jehovah they have kept, by the command of Jehovah in the hand of Moses.