- Why, Jehovah, dost Thou stand at a distance? Thou dost hide in times of adversity,
- Through the pride of the wicked, Is the poor inflamed, They are caught in devices that they devised.
- Because the wicked hath boasted Of the desire of his soul, And a dishonest gainer he hath blessed, He hath despised Jehovah.
- The wicked according to the height of his face, inquireth not.
`God is not!' [are] all his devices.
- Pain do his ways at all times, On high [are] Thy judgments before him, All his adversaries — he puffeth at them.
- He hath said in his heart, `I am not moved,' To generation and generation not in evil.
- Of oaths his mouth is full, And deceits, and fraud: Under his tongue [is] perverseness and iniquity,
- He doth sit in an ambush of the villages, In secret places he doth slay the innocent.
His eyes for the afflicted watch secretly,
- He lieth in wait in a secret place, as a lion in a covert.
He lieth in wait to catch the poor, He catcheth the poor, drawing him into his net.
- He is bruised — he boweth down, Fallen by his mighty ones hath the afflicted.
- He said in his heart, `God hath forgotten, He hath hid His face, He hath never seen.'
- Arise, O Jehovah! O God, lift up Thy hand! Forget not the humble.
- Wherefore hath the wicked despised God? He hath said in his heart, `It is not required.'
- Thou hast seen, For Thou perverseness and anger beholdest;
By giving into Thy hand, On Thee doth the afflicted leave [it], Of the fatherless Thou hast been an helper.
- Break the arm of the wicked and the evil, Seek out his wickedness, find none;
- Jehovah [is] king to the age, and for ever, The nations have perished out of His land!
- The desire of the humble Thou hast heard, O Jehovah.
Thou preparest their heart;
Thou causest Thine ear to attend,
- To judge the fatherless and bruised: He addeth no more to oppress — man of the earth!