- To the Overseer.
— By David.
In Jehovah I trusted, how say ye to my soul, `They moved [to] Thy mountain for the bird?
- For lo, the wicked tread a bow, They have prepared their arrow on the string, To shoot in darkness at the upright in heart.
- When the foundations are destroyed, The righteous — what hath he done?
- `Jehovah [is] in his holy temple: Jehovah — in the heavens [is] His throne.
His eyes see — His eyelids try the sons of men.
- Jehovah the righteous doth try.
And the wicked and the lover of violence, Hath His soul hated,
- He poureth on the wicked snares, fire, and brimstone, And a horrible wind [is] the portion of their cup.
- For righteous [is] Jehovah, Righteousness He hath loved, The upright doth His countenance see!'