- To the Overseer.
— By David.
A fool hath said in his heart, `God is not;' They have done corruptly, They have done abominable actions, There is not a doer of good.
- Jehovah from the heavens Hath looked on the sons of men, To see if there is a wise one — seeking God.
- The whole have turned aside, Together they have been filthy: There is not a doer of good, not even one.
- Have all working iniquity not known? Those consuming my people have eaten bread, Jehovah they have not called.
- There they have feared a fear, For God [is] in the generation of the righteous.
- The counsel of the poor ye cause to stink, Because Jehovah [is] his refuge.
- `Who doth give from Zion the salvation of Israel? When Jehovah doth turn back [To] a captivity of His people, Jacob doth rejoice — Israel is glad!