- An Instruction of David, a Prayer when he is in the cave.
My voice [is] unto Jehovah, I cry, My voice [is] unto Jehovah, I entreat grace.
- I pour forth before Him my meditation, My distress before Him I declare.
- When my spirit hath been feeble in me, Then Thou hast known my path;
In the way [in] which I walk, They have hid a snare for me.
- Looking on the right hand — and seeing, And I have none recognizing;
Perished hath refuge from me, There is none inquiring for my soul.
- I have cried unto thee, O Jehovah, I have said, `Thou [art] my refuge, My portion in the land of the living.'
- Attend Thou unto my loud cry, For I have become very low, Deliver Thou me from my pursuers, For they have been stronger than I.
- Bring forth from prison my soul to confess Thy name, The righteous do compass me about, When Thou conferrest benefits upon me!