- A Secret Treasure of David.
Preserve me, O God, for I did trust in Thee.
- Thou hast said to Jehovah, `My Lord Thou [art];' My good [is] not for thine own sake;
- For the holy ones who [are] in the land, And the honourable, all my delight [is] in them.
- Multiplied are their griefs, [Who] have hastened backward;
I pour not out their libations of blood, Nor do I take up their names on my lips.
- Jehovah [is] the portion of my share, and of my cup, Thou — Thou dost uphold my lot.
- Lines have fallen to me in pleasant places, Yea, a beauteous inheritance [is] for me.
- I bless Jehovah who hath counselled me;
Also [in] the nights my reins instruct me.
- I did place Jehovah before me continually, Because — at my right hand I am not moved.
- Therefore hath my heart been glad, And my honour doth rejoice, Also my flesh dwelleth confidently:
- For Thou dost not leave my soul to Sheol, Nor givest thy saintly one to see corruption.
- Thou causest me to know the path of life;
Fulness of joys [is] with Thy presence, Pleasant things by Thy right hand for ever!