- A Prayer of David.
Hear, O Jehovah, righteousness, attend my cry, Give ear [to] my prayer, without lips of deceit.
- From before thee my judgment doth go out;
Thine eyes do see uprightly.
- Thou hast proved my heart, Thou hast inspected by night, Thou hast tried me, Thou findest nothing;
My thoughts pass not over my mouth.
- As to doings of man, Through a word of Thy lips I have observed The paths of a destroyer;
- To uphold my goings in Thy paths, My steps have not slidden.
- I — I called Thee, for Thou dost answer me, O God, incline Thine ear to me, hear my speech.
- Separate wonderfully Thy kindness, O Saviour of the confiding, By Thy right hand, from withstanders.
- Keep me as the apple, the daughter of the eye;
In shadow of Thy wings thou dost hide me.
- From the face of the wicked who spoiled me.
Mine enemies in soul go round against me.
- Their fat they have closed up, Their mouths have spoken with pride:
- `Our steps now have compassed [him];' Their eyes they set to turn aside in the land.
- His likeness as a lion desirous to tear, As a young lion dwelling in secret places.
- Arise, O Jehovah, go before his face, Cause him to bend.
Deliver my soul from the wicked, Thy sword,
- From men, Thy hand, O Jehovah, From men of the world, their portion [is] in life, And [with] Thy hidden things Thou fillest their belly, They are satisfied [with] sons;
And have left their abundance to their sucklings.
- I — in righteousness, I see Thy face;
I am satisfied, in awaking, [with] Thy form!