- To the Overseer.
— A Psalm of David.
The heavens [are] recounting the honour of God, And the work of His hands The expanse [is] declaring.
- Day to day uttereth speech, And night to night sheweth knowledge.
- There is no speech, and there are no words.
Their voice hath not been heard.
- Into all the earth hath their line gone forth, And to the end of the world their sayings, For the sun He placed a tent in them,
- And he, as a bridegroom, goeth out from his covering, He rejoiceth as a mighty one To run the path.
- From the end of the heavens [is] his going out, And his revolution [is] unto their ends, And nothing is hid from his heat.
- The law of Jehovah [is] perfect, refreshing the soul, The testimonies of Jehovah [are] stedfast, Making wise the simple,
- The precepts of Jehovah [are] upright, Rejoicing the heart, The command of Jehovah [is] pure, enlightening the eyes,
- The fear of Jehovah [is] clean, standing to the age, The judgments of Jehovah [are] true, They have been righteous — together.
- They are more desirable than gold, Yea, than much fine gold;
and sweeter than honey, Even liquid honey of the comb.
- Also — Thy servant is warned by them, `In keeping them [is] a great reward.'
- Errors! who doth understand? From hidden ones declare me innocent,
- Also — from presumptuous ones keep back Thy servant, Let them not rule over me, Then am I perfect, And declared innocent of much transgression,
- Let the sayings of my mouth, And the meditation of my heart, Be for a pleasing thing before Thee, O Jehovah, my rock, and my redeemer!