- To the Overseer.
— A Psalm of David.
Jehovah doth answer thee, In a day of adversity, The name of the God of Jacob doth set thee on high,
- He doth send thy help from the sanctuary, And from Zion doth support thee,
- He doth remember all thy presents, And thy burnt-offering doth reduce to ashes.
- He doth give to thee according to thy heart, And all thy counsel doth fulfil.
- We sing of thy salvation, And in the name of our God set up a banner.
Jehovah doth fulfil all thy requests.
- Now I have known That Jehovah hath saved His anointed, He answereth him from His holy heavens, With the saving might of His right hand.
- Some of chariots, and some of horses, And we of the name of Jehovah our God Make mention.
- They — they have bowed and have fallen, And we have risen and station ourselves upright.
- O Jehovah, save the king, He doth answer us in the day we call!