- To the Overseer.
— A Psalm of David.
Jehovah, in Thy strength is the king joyful, In Thy salvation how greatly he rejoiceth.
- The desire of his heart Thou gavest to him, And the request of his lips Thou hast not withheld.
- For Thou puttest before him blessings of goodness, Thou settest on his head a crown of fine gold.
- Life he hath asked from Thee, Thou hast given to him — length of days, Age-during — and for ever.
- Great [is] his honour in Thy salvation, Honour and majesty Thou placest on him.
- For Thou makest him blessings for ever, Thou dost cause him to rejoice with joy, By Thy countenance.
- For the king is trusting in Jehovah, And in the kindness of the Most High He is not moved.
- Thy hand cometh to all Thine enemies, Thy right hand doth find Thy haters.
- Thou makest them as a furnace of fire, At the time of Thy presence.
Jehovah in His anger doth swallow them, And fire doth devour them.
- Their fruit from earth Thou destroyest, And their seed from the sons of men.
- For they stretched out against Thee evil, They devised a wicked device, they prevail not,
- For Thou makest them a butt, When Thy strings Thou preparest against their faces.
- Be Thou exalted, O Jehovah in, Thy strength, We sing and we praise Thy might!