- By David.
Unto Thee, O Jehovah, I call, My rock, be not silent to me! Lest Thou be silent to me, And I have been compared With those going down to the pit.
- Hear the voice of my supplications, In my crying unto Thee, In my lifting up my hands toward thy holy oracle.
- Draw me not with the wicked, And with workers of iniquity, Speaking peace with their neighbours, And evil in their heart.
- Give to them according to their acting, And according to the evil of their doings.
According to the work of their hands give to them.
Return their deed to them.
- For they attend not to the doing of Jehovah, And unto the work of His hands.
He throweth them down, And doth not build them up.
- Blessed [is] Jehovah, For He hath heard the voice of my supplications.
- Jehovah [is] my strength, and my shield, In Him my heart trusted, and I have been helped.
And my heart exulteth, And with my song I thank Him.
- Jehovah [is] strength to him, Yea, the strength of the salvation of His anointed [is] He.
- Save Thy people, and bless Thine inheritance, And feed them, and carry them to the age!