- A Psalm of David, in his fleeing from the face of Absalom his son.
Jehovah, how have my distresses multiplied! Many are rising up against me.
- Many are saying of my soul, `There is no salvation for him in God.' Selah.
- And Thou, O Jehovah, [art] a shield for me, My honour, and lifter up of my head.
- My voice [is] unto Jehovah: I call: And He answereth me from his holy hill, Selah.
- I — I have lain down, and I sleep, I have waked, for Jehovah sustaineth me.
- I am not afraid of myriads of people, That round about they have set against me.
- Rise, O Jehovah! save me, my God.
Because Thou hast smitten All mine enemies [on] the cheek.
The teeth of the wicked Thou hast broken.
- Of Jehovah [is] this salvation;
On Thy people [is] Thy blessing! Selah.