- To the Overseer.
— By a servant of Jehovah, by David.
The transgression of the wicked Is affirming within my heart, `Fear of God is not before his eyes,
- For he made [it] smooth to himself in his eyes, To find his iniquity to be hated.
- The words of his mouth [are] iniquity and deceit, He ceased to act prudently — to do good.
- Iniquity he deviseth on his bed, He stationeth himself on a way not good, Evil he doth not refuse.'
- O Jehovah, in the heavens [is] Thy kindness, Thy faithfulness [is] unto the clouds.
- Thy righteousness [is] as mountains of God, Thy judgments [are] a great deep.
Man and beast Thou savest, O Jehovah.
- How precious [is] Thy kindness, O God, And the sons of men In the shadow of Thy wings do trust.
- They are filled from the fatness of Thy house, And the stream of Thy delights Thou dost cause them to drink.
- For with Thee [is] a fountain of life, In Thy light we see light.
- Draw out Thy kindness to those knowing Thee, And Thy righteousness to the upright of heart.
- Let not a foot of pride meet me, And a hand of the wicked let not move me.
- There have workers of iniquity fallen, They have been overthrown, And have not been able to arise!