- To the Overseer with Stringed Instruments.
— A Psalm of David.
In my calling answer Thou me, O God of my righteousness.
In adversity Thou gavest enlargement to me;
Favour me, and hear my prayer.
- Sons of men! till when [is] my glory for shame? Ye love a vain thing, ye seek a lie.
- And know ye that Jehovah Hath separated a saintly one to Himself.
Jehovah heareth in my calling to Him.
- `Tremble ye, and do not sin;' Say ye [thus] in your heart on your bed, And be ye silent.
- Sacrifice ye sacrifices of righteousness, And trust ye unto Jehovah.
- Many are saying, `Who doth show us good?' Lift on us the light of Thy face, O Jehovah,
- Thou hast given joy in my heart, From the time their corn and their wine Have been multiplied.
- In peace together I lie down and sleep, For Thou, O Jehovah, alone, In confidence dost cause me to dwell!