- To the Overseer.
— A Psalm of David.
O the happiness of him Who is acting wisely unto the poor, In a day of evil doth Jehovah deliver him.
- Jehovah doth preserve him and revive him, He is happy in the land, And Thou givest him not into the will of his enemies.
- Jehovah supporteth on a couch of sickness, All his bed Thou hast turned in his weakness.
- I — I said, `O Jehovah, favour me, Heal my soul, for I did sin against Thee,'
- Mine enemies say evil of me: When he dieth — his name hath perished!
- And if he came to see — vanity he speaketh, His heart gathereth iniquity to itself, He goeth out — at the street he speaketh.
- All hating me whisper together against me, Against me they devise evil to me:
- A thing of Belial is poured out on him, And because he lay down he riseth not again.
- Even mine ally, in whom I trusted, One eating my bread, made great the heel against me,
- And Thou, Jehovah, favour me, And cause me to rise, And I give recompence to them.
- By this I have known, That Thou hast delighted in me, Because my enemy shouteth not over me.
- As to me, in mine integrity, Thou hast taken hold upon me, And causest me to stand before Thee to the age.
- Blessed [is] Jehovah, God of Israel, From the age — and unto the age.
Amen and Amen.