- Judge me, O God, And plead my cause against a nation not pious, From a man of deceit and perverseness Thou dost deliver me,
- For thou [art] the God of my strength.
Why hast Thou cast me off? Why mourning do I go up and down, In the oppression of an enemy?
- Send forth Thy light and Thy truth, They — they lead me, they bring me in, Unto Thy holy hill, and unto Thy tabernacles.
- And I go in unto the altar of God, Unto God, the joy of my rejoicing.
And I thank Thee with a harp, O God, my God.
- What! bowest thou thyself, O my soul? And what! art thou troubled within me? Wait for God, for still I confess Him, The salvation of my countenance, and my God!