- To the Overseer.
— `On the Lilies.' — By sons of Korah.
— An Instruction.
— A song of loves.
My heart hath indited a good thing, I am telling my works to a king, My tongue [is] the pen of a speedy writer.
- Thou hast been beautified above the sons of men, Grace hath been poured into thy lips, Therefore hath God blessed thee to the age.
- Gird Thy sword upon the thigh, O mighty, Thy glory and Thy majesty!
- As to Thy majesty — prosper! — ride! Because of truth, and meekness — righteousness, And Thy right hand showeth Thee fearful things.
- Thine arrows [are] sharp, — Peoples fall under Thee — In the heart of the enemies of the king.
- Thy throne, O God, [is] age-during, and for ever, A sceptre of uprightness [Is] the sceptre of Thy kingdom.
- Thou hast loved righteousness and hatest wickedness, Therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee, Oil of joy above thy companions.
- Myrrh and aloes, cassia! all thy garments, Out of palaces of ivory Stringed instruments have made thee glad.
- Daughters of kings [are] among thy precious ones, A queen hath stood at thy right hand, In pure gold of Ophir.
- Hearken, O daughter, and see, incline thine ear, And forget thy people, and thy father's house,
- And the king doth desire thy beauty, Because he [is] thy lord — bow thyself to him,
- And the daughter of Tyre with a present, The rich of the people do appease thy face.
- All glory [is] the daughter of the king within, Of gold-embroidered work [is] her clothing.
- In divers colours she is brought to the king, Virgins — after her — her companions, Are brought to thee.
- They are brought with joy and gladness, They come into the palace of the king.
- Instead of thy fathers are thy sons, Thou dost appoint them for princes in all the earth.
- I make mention of Thy name in all generations, Therefore do peoples praise Thee, To the age, and for ever!