- To the Overseer.
— By sons of Korah.
`For the Virgins.' — A song.
God [is] to us a refuge and strength, A help in adversities found most surely.
- Therefore we fear not in the changing of earth, And in the slipping of mountains Into the heart of the seas.
- Roar — troubled are its waters, Mountains they shake in its pride.
- A river — its rivulets rejoice the city of God, Thy holy place of the tabernacles of the Most High.
- God [is] in her midst — she is not moved, God doth help her at the turn of the morn!
- Troubled have been nations, Moved have been kingdoms, He hath given forth with His voice, earth melteth.
- Jehovah of Hosts [is] with us, A tower for us [is] the God of Jacob.
- Come ye, see the works of Jehovah, Who hath done astonishing things in the earth,
- Causing wars to cease, Unto the end of the earth, the bow he shivereth, And the spear He hath cut asunder, Chariots he doth burn with fire.
- Desist, and know that I [am] God, I am exalted among nations, I am exalted in the earth.
- Jehovah of hosts [is] with us, A tower for us [is] the God of Jacob! Selah.