- To the Overseer.
— An instruction, by David, in the coming in of Doeg the Edomite, and he declareth to Saul, and saith to him, `David came in unto the house of Ahimelech.' What, boasteth thou in evil, O mighty one? The kindness of God [is] all the day.
- Mischiefs doth thy tongue devise, Like a sharp razor, working deceit.
- Thou hast loved evil rather than good, Lying, than speaking righteousness.
- Thou hast loved all devouring words, O thou deceitful tongue.
- Also — God doth break thee down for ever, Taketh thee, and pulleth thee out of the tent, And He hath uprooted thee Out of the land of the living.
- And the righteous see, And fear, and laugh at him.
- `Lo, the man who maketh not God his strong place, And trusteth in the abundance of his riches, He is strong in his mischiefs.'
- And I, as a green olive in the house of God, I have trusted in the kindness of God, To the age and for ever,
- I thank Thee to the age, because Thou hast done [it], And I wait [on] Thy name for [it is] good before Thy saints!