- To the Overseer with stringed instruments.
— An instruction, by David, in the coming in of the Ziphim, and they say to Saul, `Is not David hiding himself with us?' O God, by Thy name save me, and by Thy might judge me.
- O God, hear my prayer, Give ear to the sayings of my mouth,
- For strangers have risen up against me And terrible ones have sought my soul, They have not set God before them.
- Lo, God [is] a helper to me, The Lord [is] with those supporting my soul,
- Turn back doth the evil thing to mine enemies, In Thy truth cut them off.
- With a free will-offering I sacrifice to Thee, I thank Thy name, O Jehovah, for [it is] good,
- For, from all adversity He delivered me, And on mine enemies hath mine eye looked!