- To the Overseer.
— `On the Dumb Dove far off.' — A secret treasure of David, in the Philistines' taking hold of him in Gath.
Favour me, O God, for man swallowed me up, All the day fighting he oppresseth me,
- Mine enemies have swallowed up all the day, For many [are] fighting against me, O most High,
- The day I am afraid I am confident toward Thee.
- In God I praise His word, in God I have trusted, I fear not what flesh doth to me.
- All the day they wrest my words, Concerning me all their thoughts [are] for evil,
- They assemble, they hide, they watch my heels, When they have expected my soul.
- By iniquity they escape, In anger the peoples put down, O God.
- My wandering Thou hast counted, Thou — place Thou my tear in Thy bottle, Are they not in Thy book?
- Then turn back do mine enemies in the day I call.
This I have known, that God [is] for me.
- In God I praise the word, In Jehovah I praise the word.
- In God I trusted, I fear not what man doth to me,
- On me, O God, [are] Thy vows, I repay thank-offerings to Thee.
- For Thou hast delivered my soul from death, Dost Thou not my feet from falling? To walk habitually before God in the light of the living!