- To the Overseer.
— `Destroy not.' — A secret treasure of David, in his fleeing from the face of Saul into a cave.
Favour me, O God, favour me, For in Thee is my soul trusting, And in the shadow of Thy wings I trust, Until the calamities pass over.
- I call to God Most High, To God [who] is perfecting for me.
- He sendeth from the heaven, and saveth me, He reproached — who is panting after me.
God sendeth forth His kindness and His truth.
- My soul [is] in the midst of lions, I lie down [among] flames — sons of men, Their teeth [are] a spear and arrows, And their tongue a sharp sword.
- Be Thou exalted above the heavens, O God, Above all the earth Thine honour.
- A net they have prepared for my steps, Bowed down hath my soul, They have digged before me a pit, They have fallen into its midst.
- Prepared is my heart, O God, Prepared is my heart, I sing and praise.
- Awake, mine honour, awake, psaltery and harp, I awake the morning dawn.
- I thank Thee among the peoples, O Lord, I praise Thee among the nations.
- For great unto the heavens [is] Thy kindness, And unto the clouds Thy truth.
- Be thou exalted above the heavens, O God.
Above all the earth Thine honour!