- To the Overseer.
— `Destroy not,' by David.
— A secret treasure, in Saul's sending, and they watch the house to put him to death.
Deliver me from mine enemies, O my God, From my withstanders set me on high.
- Deliver me from workers of iniquity, And from men of blood save me.
- For, lo, they laid wait for my soul, Assembled against me are strong ones, Not my transgression nor my sin, O Jehovah.
- Without punishment they run and prepare themselves, Stir up to meet me, and see.
- And Thou, Jehovah, God of Hosts, God of Israel, Awake to inspect all the nations.
Favour not any treacherous dealers of iniquity.
- They turn back at evening, They make a noise like a dog, And go round about the city.
- Lo, they belch out with their mouths, Swords [are] in their lips, for `Who heareth?'
- And Thou, O Jehovah dost laugh at them, Thou dost mock at all the nations.
- O my Strength, unto Thee I take heed, For God [is] my tower — the God of my kindness.
- God doth go before me, He causeth me to look on mine enemies.
- Slay them not, lest my people forget, Shake them by Thy strength, And bring them down, O Lord our shield.
- The sin of their mouth [is] a word of their lips, And they are captured in their pride, And from the curse and lying they recount.
- Consume in fury, consume and they are not, And they know that God is ruling in Jacob, To the ends of the earth.
- And they turn back at evening, They make a noise like a dog, And they go round about the city.
- They — they wander for food, If they are not satisfied — then they murmur.
- And I — I sing [of] Thy strength, And I sing at morn [of] Thy kindness, For thou hast been a tower to me, And a refuge for me in a day of adversity.
- O my Strength, unto Thee I sing praise, For God [is] my tower, the God of my kindness!