- To the Overseer, on stringed instruments.
— By David.
Hear, O God, my loud cry, attend to my prayer.
- From the end of the land unto Thee I call, In the feebleness of my heart, Into a rock higher than I Thou dost lead me.
- For Thou hast been a refuge for me, A tower of strength because of the enemy.
- I sojourn in Thy tent to the ages, I trust in the secret place of Thy wings.
- For Thou, O God, hast hearkened to my vows, Thou hast appointed the inheritance Of those fearing Thy name.
- Days to the days of the king Thou addest, His years as generation and generation.
- He dwelleth to the age before God, Kindness and truth appoint — they keep him.
- So do I praise Thy name for ever, When I pay my vows day by day!