- To the Overseer.
— A Psalm of David.
To Thee, silence — praise, O God, [is] in Zion, And to Thee is a vow completed.
- Hearer of prayer, to Thee all flesh cometh.
- Matters of iniquities were mightier than I, Our transgressions — Thou dost cover them.
- O the happiness of [him whom] Thou choosest, And drawest near, he inhabiteth Thy courts, We are satisfied with the goodness of Thy house, Thy holy temple.
- By fearful things in righteousness Thou answerest us, O God of our salvation, The confidence of all far off ends of earth and sea.
- Establishing mountains by His power, He hath been girded with might,
- Restraining the noise of seas, the noise of their billows, And the multitude of the peoples.
- And the inhabitants of the uttermost parts From Thy signs are afraid, The outgoings of morning and evening Thou causest to sing.
- Thou hast inspected the earth, and waterest it, Thou makest it very rich, the rivulet of God [is] full of water, Thou preparest their corn, When thus Thou dost prepare it,
- Its ridges have been filled, Deepened hath been its furrow, With showers Thou dost soften it, Its springing up Thou blessest.
- Thou hast crowned the year of Thy goodness, And Thy paths drop fatness.
- Drop do the pastures of a wilderness, And joy of the heights Thou girdest on.
- Clothed have lambs the flock, And valleys are covered with corn, They shout — yea, they sing!