- To the Overseer.
— `Destroy not.' — A Psalm of Asaph.
— A Song.
We have given thanks to Thee, O God, We have given thanks, and near [is] Thy name, They have recounted Thy wonders.
- When I receive an appointment, I — I do judge uprightly.
- Melted is the earth and all its inhabitants, I — I have pondered its pillars.
- I have said to the boastful, `Be not boastful,' And to the wicked, `Raise not up a horn.'
- Raise not up on high your horn, (Ye speak with a stiff neck.)
- For not from the east, or from the west, Nor from the wilderness — [is] elevation.
- But God [is] judge, This He maketh low — and this He lifteth up.
- For a cup [is] in the hand of Jehovah, And the wine hath foamed, It is full of mixture, and He poureth out of it, Only its dregs wring out, and drink, Do all the wicked of the earth,
- And I — I declare [it] to the age, I sing praise to the God of Jacob.
- And all horns of the wicked I cut off, Exalted are the horns of the righteous!