- To the Overseer with stringed instruments.
— A Psalm of Asaph.
— A Song.
In Judah [is] God known, in Israel His name [is] great.
- And His tabernacle is in Salem, And His habitation in Zion.
- There he hath shivered arrows of a bow, Shield, and sword, and battle.
- Bright [art] Thou, honourable above hills of prey.
- Spoiled themselves have the mighty of heart, They have slept their sleep, And none of the men of might found their hands.
- From Thy rebuke, O God of Jacob, Both rider and horse have been fast asleep.
- Thou, fearful [art] Thou, And who doth stand before Thee, Since Thou hast been angry!
- From heaven Thou hast sounded judgment, Earth hath feared, and hath been still,
- In the rising of God to judgment, To save all the humble of earth.
- For the fierceness of man praiseth Thee, The remnant of fierceness Thou girdest on.
- Vow and complete to Jehovah your God, All ye surrounding him.
They bring presents to the Fearful One.
- He doth gather the spirit of leaders, Fearful to the kings of earth!