- To the Overseer.
— `On the Gittith By sons of Korah.' — A Psalm.
How beloved Thy tabernacles, Jehovah of Hosts!
- My soul desired, yea, it hath also been consumed, For the courts of Jehovah, My heart and my flesh cry aloud unto the living God,
- (Even a sparrow hath found a house, And a swallow a nest for herself, Where she hath placed her brood,) Thine altars, O Jehovah of Hosts, My king and my God.
- O the happiness of those inhabiting Thy house, Yet do they praise Thee.
- O the happiness of a man whose strength is in Thee, Highways [are] in their heart.
- Those passing through a valley of weeping, A fountain do make it, Blessings also cover the director.
- They go from strength unto strength, He appeareth unto God in Zion.
- O Jehovah, God of Hosts, hear my prayer, Give ear, O God of Jacob.
- Our shield, see, O God, And behold the face of Thine anointed,
- For good [is] a day in Thy courts, O Teacher! I have chosen rather to be at the threshold, In the house of my God, Than to dwell in tents of wickedness.
- For a sun and a shield [is] Jehovah God, Grace and honour doth Jehovah give.
He withholdeth not good To those walking in uprightness.
- Jehovah of Hosts! O the happiness of a man trusting in Thee.