- To the Overseer, `On the Death of Labben.' — A Psalm of David.
I confess, O Jehovah, with all my heart, I recount all Thy wonders,
- I rejoice and exult in Thee, I praise Thy Name, O Most High.
- In mine enemies turning backward, they stumble and perish from Thy face.
- For Thou hast done my judgment and my right.
Thou hast sat on a throne, A judge of righteousness.
- Thou hast rebuked nations, Thou hast destroyed the wicked, Their name Thou hast blotted out to the age and for ever.
- O thou Enemy, Finished have been destructions for ever, As to cities thou hast plucked up, Perished hath their memorial with them.
- And Jehovah to the age abideth, He is preparing for judgment His throne.
- And He judgeth the world in righteousness, He judgeth the peoples in uprightness.
- And Jehovah is a tower for the bruised, A tower for times of adversity.
- They trust in Thee who do know Thy name, For Thou hast not forsaken Those seeking Thee, O Jehovah.
- Sing ye praise to Jehovah, inhabiting Zion, Declare ye among the peoples His acts,
- For He who is seeking for blood Them hath remembered, He hath not forgotten the cry of the afflicted.
- Favour me, O Jehovah, See mine affliction by those hating me, Thou who liftest me up from the gates of death,
- So that I recount all Thy praise, In the gates of the daughter of Zion.
I rejoice on Thy salvation.
- Sunk have nations in a pit they made, In a net that they hid hath their foot been captured.
- Jehovah hath been known, Judgment He hath done, By a work of his hands Hath the wicked been snared.
- The wicked do turn back to Sheol, All nations forgetting God.
- For not for ever is the needy forgotten, The hope of the humble lost to the age.
- Rise, O Jehovah, let not man be strong, Let nations be judged before Thy face.
- Appoint, O Jehovah, a director to them, Let nations know they [are] men! Selah.